Purpose of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice provides mandatory information as required under the General Data Protection Regulation. The Notice explains how the Controller of your information Barry Hynd Limited (“Finance Cornerstone”), collects, stores and processes your personal data. The Policy applies to all customers of Finance Cornerstone, prospective customers and any person that visits or uses our website.
References in this Policy to “Premier”, “we”, “us”, or “our” should be interpreted accordingly.
The Information We Collect
Depending on the service or product you use, we may collect the following data where relevant:
- Contact Details – information which allows us to directly identify or contact you such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, usernames and passwords, date of birth, gender, language preferences, and delivery details.
- Customer Care Information – information collected when you contact us to enquire about our products and also information provided in requests for support and the information required to resolve them.
- Internet Data – your IP address, information we collect via Cookies and related technology, from our website.
- Telephone Data – your telephone number(s).
- Third Party Information – information provided to us by other organisations such as data brokers (e.g. Experian) and credit reference agencies.
- Website Data – information you have provided to us through our websites and information we collect via cookies and related technology.
Why we use your information
The main purpose for processing your personal data is so that we can perform the contract we have entered into with you and provide the products and services you have requested.
How we may use your information
To provide you with our products and services
To improve our products and services
To ensure that you are receiving a quality service
To tell you about new services or offers that you may be of interest to you
We may also use your personal data for the following legitimate business purposes:
- To manage our products and services
- Improving our content, products and services
- To improve the quality of the service you are receiving by monitoring, recording, storing and using customer service communications we may have with you
- For market research
- To safeguard the vital interest of an individual
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- To provide you with direct marketing by post, telephone, email or SMS, unless you have asked us not to do so
We may also share anonymised or pseudonymised information with third party partners including: advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website and services.
By way of example, when you log into our website, we may share information that we collect from you, such as your email (in hashed, pseudonymous form), IP address, or information about your browser or operating system.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please contact us email@example.com. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow any link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Managing your Marketing Preferences
If you wish to opt out of direct marketing please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also opt out by clicking the link or text option at the bottom of any marketing email or text you receive from us.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer or device when you visit our website. The cookies hold basic information that shows us if you have visited the site previously and which pages you have visited.
We use Google Analytics to collect the data in such a way that it does not identify you. We will not associate any data collected from our website with personally identifying information from any other source. Most web browsers will allow you to control whether or not cookies are collected. Cookies can also be easily cleared or deleted from your browser at any time.
Keeping your Data Up to Date and your Rights
You can contact us at email@example.com to update, amend or correct your information.
You also have the following rights:
- To request access to the personal data we hold about you.
- To request the erasure of the personal data we hold about you.
- To request us to restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you.
- To object to us processing personal data relating to you.
Where you have given us consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the right to obtain certain personal data from us in a format that can be transferred electronically to a third party (also called “data portability”).
Please note that some of these rights are not absolute. In some circumstances we may refuse your request if compliance with the request meant that we could not fulfil our contractual obligations to provide you with products or services. We will however keep you up to date on any actions in relation to a request from you.
How long do we keep your data?
Your data is retained in accordance with our data retention, deletion and security policies. These policies set out the standards under which we decide how long we keep your information and the measures necessary to keep your data secure.
When determining what data to retain, we consider the information needed to best provide you with the products and services, to manage your relationship with us and to meet our statutory obligations.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data and your GDPR rights or if you want to get a copy of the personal data that we hold for you, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Barry Hynd Limited T/A Finance Cornerstone, 4th Floor Waterview House, 37 Shore, EDINBURGH, EH6 6QU.
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner (UK):
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Changes to this Notice
We may occasionally update or amend our privacy and cookies notice. Any material changes will be posted on this website prior to the changes taking effect. Where appropriate we will notify you using the contact details you have provided to us for this purpose. We would kindly ask that you review our notice from time to time to understand how we process your personal data.